SILCA Nastro Cuscino Bar Tape
Tour Magazine's 2020 Test Winner! NASTRO CUSCINO is a Tri-Laminate 3.75 mm thick tape that provides cushioning and comfort equivalent to 5 mm of traditional bar tape foam. CUSCINO has a strong texture, medium-high tackiness, and printed silicone graphics which adds comfort and grip in both wet and dusty conditions.
Who's it for?
NASTRO CUSCINO is for the cyclist looking for the most comfortable bar tape to help conquer cobbles, gravel, CX, rain and indoor conditions. CUSCINO is optimal for cyclists experiencing sore or numb hands or are frustrated with slippery bar tapes in rainy or sweaty conditions.
Why Silca Designed It:
Inspired by advancements in running shoe foam and F1 tires as well as our own research into rolling efficiency, impedance and damping, we realized that new materials technology could allow for a significant improvement in bar tape. Using a laminate of SILCAthane, SILCAlon and 3M Visco-elastic adhesive instead of a single foam extrusion, the tape can be optimized across a range of desired features. The resulting tape has a softer, more comfortable feel, higher wet and dry grip, better vibration isolation, and 3-5x the durability of existing tape materials. Since the actual wrap of the tape can be as important as the tape itself, we’ve also developed a full adhesive-backed ‘butterfly’ to better cover the back of the lever clamp area without adding bulk, a high grip finishing tape and expanding aluminum/composite end plugs to ensure every detail is perfect.
- Ultra Performance 3.75mm thick Tri-Laminate design delivers equivalent cushioning to 5.0mm tapes of traditional materials
- SILCAlon (2-Hour Marathon Shoe foam) offers greater cushioning and 3-5x more rebound for improved performance over rough surfaces
- Debossed racing stripe pattern plus embossed color silicone printing for improved grip and cushioning
- Laser Engraved Aluminum expanding bar-end plug
- TPU finishing tape with full 3M adhesive
- Butterfly shaped brake clamp cover