Climbing doesn't just require strong legs and a lean frame. It also necessitates clean shifting, especially if you want to jump to attack. If you currently use Di2 or are considering an upgrade, the SW-R600 Remote Climbing Shifter is a part you'll want to add.
Unless you're one of the few pros who are able to stand for long stretches, you most likely sit and grasp the tops of your bars while climbing. And although it's more comfortable for the long haul, it makes quick shifting difficult. Shimano has created an electronic quick shift that zip-ties to the right handlebar so you're able to shift without having to move your hand to the hoods.
The Shimano Di2 SW-R600 Remote Climbing Shifter is compatible with Dura-Ace 9070, Ultegra 6770, and Ultegra 6870 Di2 Systems. It is not compatible with Dura-Ace 7970. It will not work alone as a primary shifting unit. The total length is 265mm and it features a built-in E-tube wire.
- Top-mounted Di2 shifter for gear changes when not riding the hoods
- For cyclists who would like to shift from the tops as well as the hoods
- Positions next to the stem to be within reach of the thumb
- Compatible with Dura-Ace 9070, Ultegra 6770, and Ultegra 6870 groupsets
- Built-in E-Tube wire (265mm) for convenient setup