With an innovative sidecut, new carbon-reinforced HOLLOWTECH 3.0, EARLY RISE technology and classic race-inspired sandwich construction, the Kastle MX98 Ski excels as an all-rounder ski with backcountry performance.
This is a wide ski with classic-style camber that delivers performance and stability all over the mountain, whether it's on firm-snow groomers or in choppy backcountry conditions.
Kastle MX98 Ski Features:
- HOLLOWTECH- Our patented, key technology is unique to ski manufacturing. By removing unneeded layers in the front of the ski we make the ski lighter. This results in several advantages: the ski becomes up to 30 % damper, the ski feels more stable, edge-grip is more powerful, steering is more precise and the overall weight is reduced.
- The new, revolutionized HOLLOWTECH 3.0 has a two-tier construction: a new outer ring cuts out even more material and therefore even more weight. The size of the HOLLOWTECH is always precisely matched to the shovel of each particular model - for performance that's truly unbeatable.
- SANDWICH-SIDEWALL CONSTRUCTION- The POWERZONE-SANDWICH-SIDEWALL construction combines the durability of a SEMI-CAP with the classic build of a SANDWICH-SIDEWALL. As you’d expect from a SEMI-CAP build, the topsheet is extended down to the ABS sidewall but is then enhanced by a classic SANDWICH-SIDEWALL composition under the binding. This generates even better performance and edge grip.
- WOODCORE- MADE OUT OF POPLAR AND BEECH COMBINED WITH POPLAR AND PAULOWNIA ON THE SIDES: Each Kästle ski is built with the finest woodcore, manufactured with precision to one-tenth of a millimeter. This allows us to control the weight, responsiveness and dampening characteristics of the ski, resulting in a high-quality, durable product. The wood type, or combination of different woods, is individually catered to each model line, based on the ski‘s intended application. We guarantee unique handling with outstanding performance.
- CAMBER- We build our skis with classic camber and distinguish between Standard Camber and Low Camber:
- With LOW CAMBER, the ski center is slightly elevated and the contact points are moved toward the ski center. The effective edge is consequentially less, and the ski is more playful and forgiving.
- RISE- With Rise technology, we optimize the shovel of the ski and control its float depending on the ski’s application.
- SHOVEL AND TAIL- With the shovel and tail design, we can refine the aggressiveness of our skis.