A fun educational morning on snow for women of all abilities and all ages! If you are looking for cross country ski training, improve on what you already know, and meet other like-minded outdoor snow-loving women– join us! Our goal is to encourage all women, whatever their age, skill level, or background, to enjoy outside in the snow.
*A portion of all proceeds will be donated to the Loppet Foundation.*
You Will Learn:
Fundamentals of ski technique on snow: basic or intermediate. A lesson!
Where to ski – the best trails locally, regionally & nationally
How to pick the right equipment for your desired experience (& how to maintain it!)
- How to train/prepare for an event
Best ways to ski with your family, happily!
The Trailhead Building - Theodore Wirth park - 1221 Theodore Wirth Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55422
*Daily trail passes required. The cost is $20 and can be purchased on-site. More information can be found here - Ski Trail Passes - The Loppet Foundation
What to bring:
- Equipment if you have it! (Skis, boots, bindings, poles, ski apparel)
- A warm change of clothes for after skiing
8:30 am - 9:00 am
- Rossignol ski equipment fitting with Jan & Jenny from Gear West. *If you do not have your own equipment, we will have limited demo equipment available from Rossignol.
Please note the information needed on your registration.
We will need to know your height, weight, and U.S. shoe size in order to outfit you with skis, boots, bindings, and poles.
9:00 am - Official Start
- Introduction of Coaches
- Beginner - Skate & Classic
- Intermediate - Skate & Classic
9:15 am - 10:45 am
- Ski Lessons (1hr)
- Followed by 30 min free ski
- *Full time allotted for a free ski if you do not want lessons
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Hot Chocolate & Late Morning Treats
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Lunch Provided by Mill Valley Market
- Finish Presentations
- Rossignol & Gear West Wrap-Up