Shimano SH-XC701 Mountain Bike Shoe
A carbon sole, dual Boa dials, and typical Shimano fit highlight the value found in Shimano’s mountain bike shoe. The carbon sole is wrapped by Michelin rubber, grippy enough to stick to slick rock, with proper patterning for mud-shedding. Up top, Shimano uses a high-density synthetic leather that is resistant to stretching while still molding to the foot nicely. This also bodes well for weight, as the XC701 weighs in at a lithe 326 grams in a size 42. Add in spike mounts, wide-range SPD mounting points and dual independent Boa L6 dials for a perfect fit, and the XC701 MTB shoe is as versatile as they come.
The Shimano SH-XC701 Mountain Shoe is available in thirteen sizes (38-50), with wide widths available in eleven sizes (38-48).
- Ultra-rigid, lightweight carbon fiber reinforced midsole.
- Supple high-density synthetic leather with perforated venting for superior fit.
- Dual independent BOA® L6 dials allow quick, micro tension adjustments.
- Adjustable powerzone wire guide holds forefoot securely.
- Exclusive MICHELIN® high-traction, mud-shedding tread pattern outsole.
- Dual-density rubber compounds provide the right balance of grip, durability, and flexibility.
- Reinforced spike mount for extreme conditions, 18 mm spike option.