Shimano SH-XC7 Cycling Shoe - Men's
The XC7 is a race-ready shoe using a carbon-reinforced midsole to drop weight and improve pedaling efficiency. It registers at a 9 out of 12 on Shimano's outsole stiffness scale. For most of us, that’s plenty stiff for race efforts with a touch more forgiveness for off the bike exploits like steep run-ups or scrambling over rocky creek beds.
the XC7 does features a robust complement of lugs, so it's better suited for barrier hopping or during hike-a-bike efforts. The rubberized outsole also includes toe spike mounts for days when not even the lugs are enough and you need to cut through the muck. The compound comes from the rubber experts at Michelin. Michelin uses two different durometers throughout the sole, targeting different qualities of grip and durability depending on how the lugs will contact the ground—just like with the brand's tires.
Shimano builds the last with its unique Dynalast construction, a design that increases pedal efficiency by a claimed 0.56% on each stroke. While that doesn't seem like much at first, any cyclist who's ridden for longer than two hours understands the importance of marginal gains like this. They can be the difference between finishing at the front or struggling to hang on. Dynalast involves lowering the toe-spring and heel section in relation to the arch and metatarsal areas to create an optimal pedaling angle on either side of the up-swing to shorten inefficient dead spots.
The upper is secured with dual BOA L6 dials, letting you quickly dial in the fit in micro-tension increments for the same level of comfort at the start of the ride as the last lap of a 24-hour solo endeavor. It envelopes your foot rather than simply strapping it down, creating more uniform support and further reducing pressure points.
- Ultra-rigid, lightweight carbon fiber reinforced midsole.
- Supple high-density synthetic leather with perforated venting for superior fit.
- Dual independent Boa® L6 dials allow quick, micro tension adjustments.
- Adjustable powerzone wire guide holds forefoot securely.
- Exclusive MICHELIN® high-traction, mud-shedding tread pattern outsole.
- Dual-density rubber compounds provide the right balance of grip, durability, and flexibility.
- Reinforced spike mount for extreme conditions, 18 mm spike option.