Shimano RX8 Gravel Shoe
RX8 marries the top performance features of Shimano’s premium mountain bike and road racing footwear in a shoe that balances pedaling performance and off-the-bike capability. The result is a lightweight, stiff, walkable shoe that is ideal for gravel racers, gran fondo riders, and weekend warriors.
The RX8 racing shoe features a super-stiff and efficient full-length carbon outsole with a Shimano stiffness rating of 10 (out of 11). A precise fit is gained from a heel stabilizer, while minimal TPU lugs, micro toe armor, and an anti-slip pad create walkability and protection that is race-tuned for gravel. The cleat-pedal interface features a wider contact point while stiff TPU lugs increase pedaling efficiency compared to rubber lugs. All of this comes in a lightweight package at 265g (size 42).
Comfort is critical for ultra-endurance gravel racing events and the RX8 delivers a glove-like fit. The shoe utilizes a one-piece Surround Structure synthetic upper with perforated venting and secures the foot with a single Boa IP1 dual micro adjustment dial. Weight is reduced by utilizing a Velcro strap at the front of the shoe.
- Super stiff and lightweight carbon composite sole.
- System engineered with SPD pedals for maximum pedaling efficiency and stability.
- Lightweight, abrasion-resistant TPU lugs for the best balance of pedaling performance and off the bike capability.
- Surround upper pattern provides the perfect balance of holding power and absolute all day comfort.
- Boa® IP1 with dual micro adjustment function.