Shimano checks all the boxes for the demanding trail rider with the ME502 Cycling Shoe. The low-profile and single Boa L6 dial keep the overall details on the ME502 to a minimum, which comes in clutch when you need to make fast, no-look adjustments on the slopes. The midsole conforms to the trial chatter with the Torbal design that allows the shoe some freedom to bend around the pedal so that your body doesn't have to do as much work to balance and make minor steering adjustments.
The ME502 skips the expensive carbon layup in favor of Shimano's proprietary rubber compound that features an enhanced grip for emergency kick-stand maneuvers and huffing on foot back to the top. It achieves a stiffness rating of six out of 12 on Shimano's scale for a stable platform when you need to transfer watts, but not so much that you feel inclined to bring back up shoes when you're headed for noms after the ride.
- Low-profile enduro shoe shreds without limits
- Torbal midsole is ready for some trail chatter and hard accelerations
- Rubber sole seeks out the traction on sketchy lines and when off the bike
- Boa dial adjusts fit on the trails for relaxed riding or fast racing
- Durable upper resists trailside abrasions and common mishaps