BD Athlete Johnny Collinson has been skiing in the Spark Mitt for years. So, when the design team at BD approached him about creating a signature model, he was all in. Collinson and the team set to work on a custom feature-set to create the Spark Johnny. His first request was to add an EVA thumb pad—a feature that protects his thumbs while ripping on big lines. We’ve also added a perforated leather patch on the index-finger side of the mitt for extra durability. The Spark Johnny also includes a new cuff with a bigger strap for greater adjustability. With 60 grams of PrimaLoft® insulation and a BD.dry® insert, the Spark Johnny is waterproof and warm and the final touch is Johnny’s signature logo—two raven’s feet—embroidered into the leather.
- 100% waterproof BD.dry® insert
- Full goat leather shell with hook-and-loop closure
- Elastic wrist leash included (removable)
- Internal finger slots for dexterity
- Fixed lining features super-soft fleece and 60 g PrimaLoft® Gold insulation on back and palm
- EVA padding on back of hand and knuckles for added impact protection
- Goat leather palm and palm patch